35 views
# 2018-09-10 Agenda --- __Week:__ -1 __Start Date:__ 2018/09/10 __Present:__ mctastic,branch,thegirl,fraz,sangreal,greenday,hexagon __Excused:__ berns,mcmahon __Absent:__ __Remote:__ m1cr0man --- ## Agenda: - Welcome Back Everyone - Cmtwiki Access - Paypal password in cmtwiki - Common Room keys - Server Room - Certs - Orientation Week - the Wednesday - the Friday - New Cmt positions - Event ideas for the year - Posters - Social Media - Charity Event - UKIEPC - Drive CleanUp - Password Change - Sponsorship - Mastercard - Microsoft - Anyone else? - C&S Days - Who's on stands - What's being done - Do we have a scanner - Do we have a good design - Do we have topics to talk about - Do we want to come up with a plan of what we want to show off - Do we need a rota - Evening events? - Redbrick Swag - Keepcups - Stickers - "I brought a friend to an event spot prize" - Society Websites - Weekly Workshops - Hackerclub - Real Life Training Program for WALK. - BYOP - EGM - Empty postions - After EGM - Arista - FOSDEM - First Year Party - Interpints - First few Wednesday Talks - Ideas - SISTEM - Lanyards - Week 1 onwards Meeting - Day and Time - Ownphotos - https://github.com/hooram/ownphotos - Promo Ideas && what platforms are we pushing this year - Is facebook too pay to win/is that where our userbase is - Meetup revisit? - Instagram/ stories - Twitter - Grants app - Publishing Agenda and Minutes - AOB: ## Minutes - Cmtwiki Access - Everyone should have access - Paypal password in cmtwiki - Done by Mcmahon - Common Room keys - Commonroom keys needed - Normal and Special keys - Taken on by branch *** - Server Room - Move in week of 17th - No definite date yet - Need to up before C&S - Certs - Being worked on by mcmahon - Orientation Week - the Wednesday - 12-1 - - Scavenger Hunt Competition - Redbrick hoodies satnding at locations - Many people available - the Friday - 1 - 2 - Running demo - Mini C&S - Fraz,mctastic,branch - Sell Redbrick as a community (Safety in numbers) - Greenday down for graphs for the day *** - New Cmt positions - 6 new postions proposed - More delegation needed - Vice Chair - 2 events officers - Split PRO in two - GD0 (Graphics design officer) - Ordinary members x2-3 - 17-18 in total - 7 - 0 in favour - Needs to be put to the rest of soc - Poster for postions for C&S - Event ideas for the year - Posters - GDO - 8-9 posters for the first semester - Posters for C&S taken on by mctastic *** - Social Media - Focusing platform specific for events - Charity Event - Several ideas for events - Hackaton for the homeless - Sponsorship / donations - entry fee - Any money made used for making Hampers - Possibly involve other Netsocs - Possibly November Time - Shave or dye - Shave the chair - March/April time - Hearts Barber collabe - Possibly campus barber - UKIEPC - In October - Not sponsored by Arista - Gary doesnt want to be as involved - We could possibly take over from it - Simalrly possibly taking over hashcode - Sponsors needed - Apply to grant to see if we can - Contact Gary ASAP - Drive CleanUp - Needs to be organised - Drive space limited - DCU unlimited drive - Move videos to Youtube - Cleanup taken on by thegirl *** - Password Change - Was changed after the AGM - Sponsorship - Mastercard - Large Undisclosed amount of money - Pilot programme in DCU - Money and Sponsorship for events - 16 speakers available - Series of talks over weeks - Give challenge at the end - With prizes at the end - Several full scholorships available - Possibly having their events on differnt days - No donations but payment for things - Looking for Ballpark figure - Microsoft - October 10th - 3-6pm 3 hour talk - Tech Talk, topic needed - More open topic needed - Sponsorship money - 500 euros - Timetables needed before further days - Amazon - Possible talks - Anyone else? - Hosted Graphite - HeaNet - Demonware - Intercom - Bloomberg - Oracle? - IBM - Firehouse - C&S Days - Who's on stands - Timetables needed beforehand - Everyone should be on stand at somepoint - Wednesday Pats excempt - Two big days 9-3 - BIG FAT DOODLE MCTASTIC - What's being done - push the community (Safety in Numbers) - Wagonload of Pizza - Setup monitor x2 - Ethernet - Power - Banner ASAP - Admin PC - Do we have a scanner - Barcdoe scanner - M1cr0man taken it *** - Do we have a good design - Banner - Mctastic *** - Do we have topics to talk about - Push community - If specifics are asked about go inot it but psuh community first - Use best judgement - Push Fosdem to go - Interpints - Do we want to come up with a plan of what we want to show off - 2 monitors - Signup on one - Slideshow - Greenday and Thegirl *** - Do we need a rota - Big fat doodle - Evening events? - Meeting after C&S and events - NuBar - Redbrick Swag - Keepcups - Expensive Custom ones - Prizes and Selling - Min order 200 speculated - Sangreal *** - Stickers - tons of stickers in commonroom - Exist of ones we have for now - New ones next semester - "I brought a friend to an event spot prize" - Advertise free swag for bringing peeps - If they signup maybe better prizes - weeks after C&S - Add to agenda in future *** - Society Websites - Make it easier for sites to change over - Get more people on redbrick - We need to wait till after move till we can get a real image of what needs to be done. - Weekly Workshops - Hackerclub - Same day just need to get people on it. - Real Life Training Program for WALK. - Meet with Ben Linsey from Walk on 11th - Walk or BYOP - 10 weeks - BYOP - Could be merged with Hacker club for those really interersted - EGM - Empty postions - Without new positions - Helpdesk and First year rep need to be filled - After EGM - Firsty year Party / Pints - Arista - Open day - FOSDEM - 2 & 3rd Feb - Leave Early on Friday - Pitch it at C&S - Push it properly - Great community builder - Take Booking mid NOV - Take deposits with bookings - Same Hotel as last year - First Year Party - After EGM - Discuss more later - Interpints - UCD resurgence - Midrange place - First few Wednesday Talks - Ideas - Intro / IRC - Webspace - Microsoft - Tech jargon buster - Linux Intallfest - Look back at last year - SISTEM - Lanyards - Demonware sponsor - Discuss at next meeting - Hosted at DCU Maybe - Week 1 onwards Meeting - Day and Time - Big Fat doodle - Mctastic *** - Ownphotos - https://github.com/hooram/ownphotos - Google Photos clone - Not stable yet - Promo Ideas && what platforms are we pushing this year - Push it more at C&S - Is facebook too pay to win/is that where our userbase is - Is our audiance on it anymore - still hsa space for events - Sharing events - Meetup revisit? - Instagram/ stories - Day to day stuff - Posting more - Server move - Twitter - PRO need to look at Duplicating things over differnt platforms - Grants App - Due for week 3 - Admins need to go over whats needed *** - Equipment budget - Hascode on top - Publishing Agenda and Minutes - This should be done - Put it up on wiki / Website - Get it put on site - Branch and Fraz *** - AOB: - Seperate days for companies events possibly - Intercom - IRC - Containers - Survey the Associates - How are they feeling - Why did you get into Redbrick - why are you still here - etc - TheGirl *** ## Action Items - Branch - Commonroom Keys - Publishing Agenda and Minutes - Greenday - Graphs for orientation day - Slideshow for C&S - Need to find out whats needed for grant app - Mctastic - Posters for C&S - Doodle for C&S stand Timetable - Banner for C&S - Doodle for Weekly meeting day and time - Thegirl - Drive cleanup - C&S Slideshow - Associates Survey - Fraz - Publishing agenda and minutes - Sangreal - Custom Keepcups - M1cr0man - Scanner for C&S - Need to find out whats needed for grant app --- ---