29 views
# 2018-10-8 Agenda --- __Week:__ 3 __Start Date:__ 2018/10/8 __Present:__ mctastic,branch,fraz,mcmahon,hexagon,m1cr0man __Excused:__ greenday,sangreal,berns __Absent:__ __Remote:__ thegirl --- ## Agenda: - Server Room Move - Grant App - SSL Certs - UKIEPC - To Do This week - LS: Take ownership of website - Talent Garden - C&S Signups - mctastic money for hexagon - SISTEM - Arista Sponsorship - Amazon - Microsoft - Microsoft Talk - When/Where - Everyone signed up for pizza? - Prepare Q&A - Hackerclub - When/Where - EGM - When/Where - New Positions - Helpdesk Exam - Changes to Consitution - Accenture - Accenture (again) - Demonware - Helpdesk Talk Next Wednesday - Mastercard - Admin Hour - College View - DCU FM - Website Links - Minutes and Announce Next Week - AOB: ## Minutes: - Server Room Move - No update - Next week *** - Grant App - Due this friday - Got it sent to us today - Reduced from 6k to 4k - Doable number - No extra budget needed for new server room - Maybe a new firewall needed - AI Admin list for wednesday *** - SSL Certs - Due in a week - Admins hour done tomorrow - AI Admins *** - UKIEPC - To Do This week - Get poster from Gary - Registration up already - Email sent out tomorrow AI Branch *** - 4 helpers needed for the day - Pints offered - Logins being tested by Gary - Practice compitition test run beforehand on Wednesday - May be on specific time - 1st, 2nd and 3rd place certs needed - LS: Take ownership of website - Gary has website on school of computing - Copy and paste job - AI M1cr0man and Fraz *** - Mastercard likely to sponsor - Talent Garden - Mentioned on C&S - Have Hackathon on same day as Microsoft talk - Should have them at SISTEM - Good for running event - C&S Signups - mctastic money for hexagon - Money given to Hexagon - 0% loss of money - SISTEM - Email sent out last friday - few responces - Other socs are showing interest - Arista Sponsorship - Very intereested for time in November - Ideas needed for talks for them - No problems with doing talks - Great candidate for SISTEM - Amazon - Hexagon emailed them 2 weeks ago - Never got back to her - Going to email them again to get info - Microsoft - Microsoft Talk - When/Where - Wedenesday 10th LG25 - Only enough content for 1hr - room booked for 3 hours but 1hr is fine - Starts at 3pm - Everyone signed up for pizza? - Everyone needs to signup - Prepare Q&A - Prepare some Q&A's prepared incase none appear - Hackerclub - When/Where - @4 on Thursday L101 - Berns and mctastic sides AI *** - Bulk book that time for year - Data science told about in lecture - EGM - When/Where - 6:30pm L101 Thursday - New Positions - Helpdesk Exam - 3 people interested so far - Post to be put up on Facebook event - Wednesday for exam day after Microsoft talk - Changes to Consitution - Pull request needed to be done - AI mcmahon *** - Accenture - Email from Robert - Event for 5pm Next Monday 15th in CG86 - Event posted up on facebookfor tonight - Accenture (again) - Email sent to us went into spam - Request to do another event in october - No time for event at the momment - Maybe Later in the year - Demonware - They want to come in and chat - 22nd of October - Pints giving talk - room already booked - Helpdesk Talk Next Wednesday - 17th Oct - Intro to linux or other ideas - berns AI*** - Mastercard - Talked moved from 17th to 24th - Admin Hour - Tomorrow @5 - Everyone up for the time - Every Tuesday @5 - Evryone welcome if they want to watch admins cry - College View - No updates so far - Next week *** - DCU FM - Their stream stoped working back in may - Didnt tell us till now - Probaably a problwm with ISS - AI mcmahon*** - Website Links - None of the links broken - Minutes and Announce Next Week - Branch wont be here for next meeting - mctatsic for agenda and announce AI *** - Fraz to do minutes - AOB: ## Action Items: - Admins: Grant APP info, SSL Certs - branch: UKIEPC Email - mcmahon: Consitution PR, DCU FM - m1cr0man: UKIEPC Website - fraz: UKIEPC Website - mctastic: Hackerclub Slides, Agenda and announce next week - berns: Hackerclub Slides, Helkdesk talk 17th