33 views
 owned this note
# 2018-10-15 Agenda --- __Week:__ 4 __Start Date:__ 2018/10/15 __Present:__ mctastic, m1cr0man, greenday, mcmahon, fraz, chill, depp, cianky, mulreac, wolfer, eamon_c, sangreal __Excused:__ hexagon, branch, sun, thegirl __Absent:__ __Remote:__ --- ## Agenda: - New Committee - Introductions - Slack - App - New Channels? - cmtwiki - emails - Facebook - Trello - Github - Housekeeping - Budget - Photo Uploads to FB - Publishing Minutes & Announces on static site - Ball - SISTEM Responses - Sumobots - This Week's Events - Accenture - Intro To Linux - HackerClub - UKIEPC - Website - Mastercard - To Do Before Saturday - Admins - Admin Hour Review - General - SSL Certs Action Item - Server Room Move Update - College View Migration Update - DCUfm Temporary Solution - Company Talks - Mastercard - Demonware - Stripe - Amazon - AOB: ## Minutes: - New Committee - Introductions - Slack - App - New Channels? - Ideas for new channels to do with promo details on events. - Going to monitor over slack over next week - cmtwiki - Admins to put new cmt on cmtwiki - emails - Admins to put new helpdesk and cmt on mailinglists. - Facebook - Cliohdna added some new cmt to facebook - Josh will add people not added - Trello - James will invite people to new trello - CMT should start using cmt trello to manage tasks - Github - Tom will check github org permissions. - Housekeeping - Budget - Ciara told James budget status pending. - Have 4000 euro, down 2000 from last year - Photo Uploads to FB - Send Ben and Fraz photos for website - Publishing Minutes & Announces on static site - Pull request made by James - Ball - Ben meant to send Josh doc to RAG to see if they're up for it - Snowsport said they were interested - Ben will start looking for a hotel/venue here - Josh doesn't think RAG would be interested - Ben thinks it would be early semester 2 - Ben will look at feasabilities of a ball - Resume discussion next week - SISTEM Responses - James sent out an email two weeks ago to different socs - Out of 9 emailed 8 are interested - Still awaiting reply from Galway - Soft date of 19th for final responses. - Sumobots - mctastic's Girlfriend is amazing - She remembered where the bots were. - Will be returned tomorrow - Hoodies - Fraz wants hoodies. - Eamon will organise hoodies. - Tom will gave Eamon an email for a good company. - Aiming to have them for Fosdem - This Week's Events - Accenture - Good turnout (roughly 40), nice people. - Tasty pizza was tasty. - Intro To Linux - Tom wants to see the slides. - Helpdesk bois have written the talk. - Helpdesk might go Admin hour Tuesday @ 5pm - Lucas will book a room for admin hour. - HackerClub - Big crowd last day of helpers and people doing hackerclub :) - UKIEPC - Website - Website needs to be updated - Mastercard - Prepaid mastercards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, prizes. (50 each, 100 each, 150 each) - Prizes won't be ready on the day - Mastercard people might not be on the day. Hopefully there - Will need someones number so we can collect pizza - They have m1cr0man's number - To Do Before Saturday - Need volunteers for Saturday - Wolfer and m1rc0man will help out. - McMahon is a maybe - Other UKIEPC Items - 3 teams not fully registered - One person having an issue sorting out team. Gary was suppose to accept the team? - Admins - Admin Hour Review - General - Wasn't productive because it was the first one - greenday is making *admin hour great again* - Signups are all done. - Talks about replacing signup system for society members which DCU runs. - Discussion about a giant redbrick project for members to contribute to in Python. - SSL Certs Action Item - Certs expiring tomorrow D: - Coffee and other associates going to try setup a remote to do it. - m1cr0man talking to coffee about it. - Possible move to letsencrypt certs instead of wildcard certs long term (next 2-3 years). - Certs looked at tomorrow's admin hour. - Should have been higher priority. - Server Room Move Update - Not happening yet. - Builders have been around there. - Greenday will talk to Siobhan - College View Migration Update - College view has made no attempt to migrate - Greenday has been in touch but no reply for two weeks - DCUfm Temporary Solution - DCUfm stream is back up ^yay^ - ISS fixed the issues associated with stream now normal. - Mastercard - Lightning talks 10 mins each - Lots of networking and swag after. - Raffle for an iPad - 3pm - CG86 - 24th October - Demonware - Cliodhna will talk to Cormac later on an update what they want. - Next monday @ lg26? - Stripe - mctastic got a call from stripe - Want to do an event at there place, 14th November. (Wednesday) - 'Cans prosecco and pizza provided' - trying to cater towards millenials - Free prinks? - Amazon - Ciara was talking to Steven @ career fair. - They 100% want to come in. - They would like to do a large AWS talk. Maybe lightning talks? - AOB: - Might be SOC of the week! ^hype^ - Blinds in the common room. - Branch is on common room committee. - Admin Training - People in CMT are interested. - Tom will get people signed up on digital ocean. With custom VPS. - Planned when Tom is Free. - VMs confirmed on server room move ## Action Items - Admin Stuff - Add new cmt to cmtwiki - Add new helpdesk to helpdesk mailing list - add new cmt to cmt maillists. - Sangreal - Add loose cmt members to Facebook - mctastic - Invite cmt to Trello - greenday - Make sure people are on Github org. - Fraz and mcmahon - Get peoples photos - Upload said photos to website - mcmahon - Organise potential ball stuff. - Eamon - Start organising hoodies - Wolfer and m1cr0man - Help out at UKIEPC - Branch - Find out issues with blinds in common room.